Sunday, February 24, 2008
A list - 160 to 169
Hi!!. In spite of our best efforts, we were not able to spread information on the blog beyond a significant group of visitors. We request our visitors to spread the message so that the blog may prove useful to a wider audience.
The picture dictionary team.
(160) ANTISEPTIC - SUBSTANCE THAT PREVENTS INFECTION IN A WOUND.
(Eg) Doctors use an antiseptic to clean wounds.
(161) ANTLERS - HORN LIKE STRUCTURE ON THE HEAD OF DEERS.
(Eg) The deers use their antlers to defend itself from other predators.
(162) ANVIL - IRON BLOCK USED FOR HAMMERING OUT METALS.
(163) APATHY - UNINTERESTED, NOT CARING, LACK OF CONCERN FOR SOMETHING.
(Eg) The boy sat on the chair showing no apathy for the things around him.
(164) APERTURE - AN OPENING OR HOLE.
(Eg) The house had an aperture on the wall.
(165) APEX - TIP, PINNACLE, HIGHEST POINT, PEAK.
(Eg) The apex of the mountain was covered with Ice.
(166) APHASIA - LOSS OF SPEECH DUE TO A CHANGE IN THE BRAIN LESION.
(167) APHORISM - WISE SAYINGS, PROVERB, MAXIM, HOMILY, SAW.
(Eg) The book is a compilation of aphorisms and short stories.
(168) APIARY - A PLACE WHERE BEES ARE GROWN OR BREDED.
(169) APLOMB - POISE AND CONFIDENT.
(Eg) Julia Roberts played her role in Erin Brocovich with such grace and aplomb that, she eventually ended up with the academy award for the best actress.